Thursday, July 16, 2009

Random Numbers

Simone, one of my favorite students, walked up to me. In her hand, she held a sheet of notebook paper where she had written a bunch of numbers.

She said something to me in Thai and smiled as she pointed to the paper and said, "Teacher, for you."

For me? She proceeded to rip the page out of her notebook... but she tore it.

"Teacher, nooooo..." she cried.

I didn't understand why she wanted to give me this paper so badly. Nonetheless she walked back to her desk and re-wrote all the numbers a second time on a new, fresh piece of paper, which she handed me at the end of class. Completely confused and strangely grateful, I said thank you and left class.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a message written in some code. But it's a headache trying to decipher what it means so let's just assume it means, "You are great, thank you!"
    :)

    ReplyDelete