Friday, July 31, 2009

Commuting

I take the sky train for almost the whole line, wait for up to 30 minutes to catch my bus, take the bus for about 40 minutes, then have a 5 minute walk to school. Because these bi-daily journeys are so long, they have become quite eventful.

I love the part of my trip involving the sky train. Regardless of traffic, the sky train is always about a 25 minute ride. I can't say the same about the buses, and likewise Bangkok traffic.

The traffic was so terrible today that my bus driver got out of the bus and disappeared for at least 5 minutes. The whole time I was wondering what would happen if, although highly unlikely, traffic started moving?

Sometimes what I like to call "Bus Enforcers" get on the bus and make sure everyone has a valid ticket. This has happened about once a month, not very frequently. When they get on the bus, everyone straightens up, quiets down and searches for his or her ticket. Considering this happens almost never... I was not expecting it and didn't know which ticket I got that day. I simply held my collection of tickets in my hand and smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment