Monday, March 1, 2010

JJ Weekend Market... Where Everything Goes

JJ Market, or Chatuchak Market, is Bangkok's famous outside weekend market. This market is so massive that it covers 35 acres and has, literally, everything you could ever want: bags, souvenirs, trendy clothes, exotic pets, furniture, art, cutlery, ninja stars (c'mon, like you don't want ninja stars......). You name it- It's there.



It's about 30 minutes away, located at the Mo Chit BTS stop. So if you're going to travel that far, you really have to make a day of it. I know there has to be a map of Chatuchak somewhere out there in the universe, and every time I go I wish I had one. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten lost.

"Outside? Outside? How do I get to the outside?"
...As they laugh at another lost tourist.
"I speak nit-noi Thai. Leo qua or leo sigh?"
...As they laugh even more.

So here are some of the amazing things Chatuchak brings to my life...


At the same stall, you can buy cowboy boots, country flags and hanging sculpted plumber butts.



And here you get some steals on fake fruit. See that- 3 for 100 baht!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment