Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sky's the Limit

I have several bucket lists:
- Things to do in Dallas
- Things to do in my 20's
- Things to do before I die
- Countries to visit

Skydiving was at the top on all the "things to do" lists. So when the skydiving Groupon was available, I jumped at the chance to, well, jump out of a plane. I shot out an email to some of my friends in town, and Tim and Daniel decided to join for the adventure.

After watching a home-shot movie about safety precautions we were in line for our tandem jumps. That is, until the wind picked up. After hours of waiting for the wind to die down playing rummy, ping-pong and eating food (FYI- if you ever find yourself at Skydive Dallas, do yourself a favor and get the quesadillas and steer clear of the burger), we decided to come back another day instead.

Months later we returned and finally had a chance to jump. 60 second free fall. Completely exhilarating, especially as I was dangling my legs off the side of the plane looking 10,000 feet down. I think I found a new hobby (although I'll need to save up for 15 years to partake).

My tandem jumping partner

Tim me and Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment